Society Fellows have been judged by their peers to have made a substantial contribution to the Australian market and social research industry. Our Fellows continue to assist the Society and the industry in Australia through their commitment of time and energy to raising awareness of the value of market research within the broad community, and through volunteering their time to various projects which draw on their substantial experience and expertise. The award of Fellowship recognises the contribution the nominee has made to the industry across the following important areas:
- sharing practical expertise across the industry
- providing ethical leadership
- contributing to market research theory, original thought, conceptual structures in marketing, policy formulation or research into these areas
- increasing the Australian public's awareness of, and understanding of the value of, market research
- increasing the size and scale of the industry as a whole in a way that benefits the whole profession
New Fellows are elected by a process of nomination by AMSRS members and decided by vote by the existing Fellows. Candidates for Fellowship must have been a Full Member of the Society for at least the past five years, and be a current Qualified Professional Researcher (QPR). A formal call for nominations is issued around the middle of each year.