Company Webinar: Implications of GDPR in the Australian market
18th Oct 18
The European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) contains new data protection requirements.
Some Australian businesses covered by the Australian Privacy Act 1988 (known as APP entities), may need to comply with the GDPR if they:
- have an establishment in the EU (regardless of whether they process personal data in the EU), or
- do not have an establishment in the EU but offer goods and services or monitor the behaviour of individuals in the EU.
This webinar will address how the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will interface with the Australian Privacy Principles and the broader consequences for market and social research practices.
- To gain an appreciation of the commonalities and differences between General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Australian Privacy Act 1988
- To determine whether you need to comply with the GDPR and if so, what steps need to be taken to ensure personal data handling practices are compliant with the GDPR.
- To increase awareness of the broader consequences of the GDPR on Australian market and social research practices.
Norine Cruse, Director, Cruse Partnership has worked in the field of risk and compliance management for the past fifteen years.
CRUSE Partnership have been active in working with various professional bodies and individual companies both in Australia and internationally to develop industry standards and systems, including implementing and monitoring the International market, opinion and social research standards as well as other risk management standards.
Thursday 18th October, 2018
|Event Cost :(inc.GST)||$88.00||Members|
FREE for Company Partners
What is a Company Partner?
|Time | Zones:||Time: Please note following time – based on your location’s time zone|
|1:00pm - 2:00pm||NSW | ACT | VIC | TAS|
|12:30pm - 1:30pm||SA|
|12:00pm - 1:00pm||QLD|
|11:30am - 12:30pm||NT|
|10:00am - 11:00am||WA|
AU $ 120 (Inc. GST)
88.00 (Inc. GST)
AU $ 120.00 (Inc. GST)
25th Jun 18 12:00 AM
19th Oct 18 5:00 PM
- Event date has passed
- Registrations are closed