Masterclass 2019 - Interactive & static data visualisation techniques
30th Apr 19
This Masterclass, over 3 sessions, will teach you the latest developments in data visualisation, utilising both interactive and static techniques.
A range of visualisation methods to tell stories will be presented, based on data visualisation input, so as to communicate your research findings in the most engaging and powerful way.
This workshop includes a range of data visualisation software, some open-source, that will equip you to make a powerful impact, immediately.
This Masterclass will teach you:
- how to build interactive graphics into your research presentations
- step-by-step, how to achieve great data visualisation
- how to utilise a curated collection of classic and contemporary examples, including access to a catalogue of data visualisation tools, including which charts can be made with each tool.
- good and bad practice by showing you how to critically evaluate and improve your own work
At the conclusion of this online Masterclass, participants will have the tools to:
- harness colour, composition, interactivity, and annotation to tell your data story in an interactive format
- tailor your visualisations to your audience’s needs and integrate critical thinking into your design decisions
- determine what is the most important, relevant and interesting content to portray for dynamically engaging your audience.
Who is the course intended for?
All market and social research professionals interested in further developing their skills in delivering research findings impactfully with interactive and static data visualisation.
Speaker: Andy Kirk, UK
Andy Kirk is a data visualisation specialist: A design consultant, training provider, lecturer, author, speaker, researcher, and editor of an award-winning website. Since founding Visualising Data Ltd in 2011, he has delivered over 230 public and private training workshop events in 19 countries.
Recent clients include Spotify, Telefónica, Tesco, Hershey, and CERN.
Andy also holds lecturing positions, teaching data visualisation modules at the Maryland Institute College of Art (MICA, USA) and at Imperial College (UK).
He is the author of two books, with the most recent work published in 2016 by SAGE and titled ‘Visualising Data: A Handbook for Data Driven Design’.
|Event Format:||3 x Sessions - Online Course|
Tuesday 30th April 2019
Tuesday 7th May 2019
Tuesday 14th May 2019
|Event Cost: (inc.GST)||$880.00||Members|
|Time | Zones:||Time: Please note following time – based on your location’s time zone|
|7:00pm - 9:00pm||NSW | ACT | VIC | TAS | QLD|
|6:30pm - 8:30pm||SA | NT|
|5:00pm - 7:00pm||WA|
AU $ 1210 (Inc. GST)
$880.00 (Inc. GST)
AU $ 1210.00 (Inc. GST)
2nd Jan 19 5:00 PM
30th Apr 19 10:00 AM