ACT CONFERENCE: Evidence, insights and beyond: Enhancing Government policies, programs and services
22nd Oct 19
The Australian Market & Social Research Society is pleased to announce its 2nd ACT Conference:
EVIDENCE, INSIGHTS AND BEYOND:
ENHANCING GOVERNMENT POLICIES, PROGRAMS AND SERVICES
The industry body, The Australian Market and Social Research Society (AMSRS) is convening a full-day conference in Canberra on Tuesday 22 October 2019. The 2019 conference will explore how to enhance Government policies, programs and services by collecting and translating fit-for-purpose evidence into meaningful insights and applying them in a way that is sensitive to the current strategic environment.
The conference will have a broad appeal, including to:
- Public servants with responsibility for the design, implementation and/or evaluation of Government policies, programs and services
- Consultants, academics, and members of the not-for-profit sector who support Government through using evidence and insights to achieve good outcomes.
The conference is being designed so that attendees will get the following benefits:
- Learning how evidence and insights can enhance Government policies, programs and services, and hear compelling case studies where this has happened
- Hearing from senior thought leaders about the strategic context that affects us all, and what we can do to have an impact within this context
- Creating important linkages with experts across the public sector, academia and the private and not-for-profit sectors to help you deliver more impact.
The following keynote speakers have been engaged to appeal to a wide range of delegates, particularly to public sector attendees:
- Dr Gordon de Brouwer PSM (APS Review panellist) - talking about implications for the Review on the APS, including in relation to the use of evidence etc
- Brian Lee-Archer (Managing Director, Accenture, Govt and Health practice) - talking about data-driven, fit-for-purpose policy and service delivery design and implementation
- A/Prof Gemma Carey (Research Director, Centre for Social Impact UNSW) - talking about cross-portfolio and cross-sectoral collaboration.
- Nicholas Gruen (CEO, Lateral Economics) - talking about undertaking rigorous and meaningful research and evaluations to inform the business of Government
- Kelly Hand (Deputy Director (Research), Australian Institute of Family Studies) - talking about the latest insights on Australian families' work and transitions, and their implications
Event Program & Schedule:
The event program will comprise two plenary sessions (one at the start of the day and one at the end of the day), which will feature keynote speaker presentations. The two middle sessions will comprise up to three concurrent break-out sessions each. A draft of the program is shown below (subject to finalisation).
The conference is being held at the National Convention Centre. The plenary sessions will be held in the Ballroom, which has capacity for up to 360 delegates in cabaret style seating. The break-out sessions will be held in Gallery rooms on the same level as the Ballroom.
By supporting the 2019 conference through sponsorship, you will demonstrate that your organisation is committed to enhancing Government policies, programs and services through the application of evidence and insights.
In particular, through sponsorship your organisation will have the opportunity to:
- Increase brand awareness and align your brand with a specific conference session
- Connect and build a direct relationship with delegates at the conference and afterwards
- Gain exposure to the broader government and affiliated sectors through conference marketing and media coverage
- Demonstrate a commitment to supporting better-practice, evidence informed decision-making to support public outcomes.
Contact Leslea at the AMSRS to discuss your options: email@example.com
9:00am - 5:00pm
National Convention Centre Canberra
31 Constitution Ave, Canberra ACT
$500.00 (Inc. GST)
AU $ 750 (Inc. GST)
National Convention Centre - 31 Constitution Ave, Canberra ACT
AU $ 750 (Inc. GST)
$500.00 (Inc. GST)
AU $ 750.00 (Inc. GST)
10th Sep 18 12:00 AM