Courses and Workshops
Who Intended for:
This course will benefit people who have limited or no experience in conducting qualitative research.
This course provides an overview of qualitative research. Specifically, on successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
• Recognise when conducting qualitative research is appropriate
• Understand the logistics involved in running a qualitative project
• Describe the differences between the main types of qualitative data collection: namely focus groups, in-depth interviews, observation, online qual etc
• Understand the role of the moderator/ interviewer and how to create the right environment for respondents
• Learn different approaches to eliciting unbiased responses
• Learn different tools for handling challenging situations during interviews
• Understand why getting below the surface of respondent behaviour is important
• Understand the process of analysis and report writing for qualitative research.