About the AMSRS
The Australian Market & Social Research Society Limited (AMSRS) is a not-for-profit professional membership body of over 2,000 market and social research professionals who are dedicated to increasing the standard and understanding of market and social research in Australia. The Society assists members to develop their careers by heightening professional standards and ethics in the fields of market and social research. Learn more about the AMSRS's:
- What the AMSRS does
- Overseas affiliations
- The History of Market Research
The Society works closely with the Association of Market and Social Research Organisations (AMSRO) in Australia to achieve these aims. The Society is affiliated with market research societies internationally and is a member of the Asia Pacific Research Committee (APRC) www.aprc-research.com and the Global Research Business Network (GRBN) www.grbn.org
Statement of Purpose: To promote, develop and protect the market and social research profession for Australia by providing standards, ongoing education, member services and by informing the wider community.
The AMSRS's vision is: To set and uphold best practice for practitioners in market and social research.
- To set and maintain high professional and ethical standards
- To continually enhance the professional skills of members
- To promote the value and benefits of market and social research by communicating with the government, clients, tertiary institutions and the public
- To provide and demonstrate positive leadership to members and others on all matters of concern to the profession
- To build the membership by securing the participation of all members of the profession
- Encourage and recognise excellence and achievement in market and social research
- To develop an efficient organisation structure and administration to ensure that the most effective use is made of time and funds contributed by members
Core Values: Ethics, Quality, Thought Leadership, Relevance, Service Orientation and Accountability.
The Society assists members to develop their careers by heightening professional standards and ethics in the fields of market and social research. Specifically we aim to:
- Persuade business executives to use market and social research
- Encourage marketers to use scientific methods of market and social research
- Provide training and forums to extend knowledge and understanding of market and social research
- Enhance quality of discussion and understanding of market and social research.
The AMSRS is affiliated with market research societies in the United Kingdom, New Zealand, Japan, China, Korea, Singapore, and Thailand. The AMSRS is a member of the Asia Pacific Research Committee (APRC) which is a federation of 8 Asian associations dedicated to promoting value and standard of research in Asia. Countries include Australia, China, Chinese Taipei, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand. For more information visit www.aprc-research.com . The AMSRS is also a member of the Global Research Business Network www.grbn.org
Australia also has strong ties with ESOMAR, the European Society of Opinion and Market Research www.esomar.org