About the AMSRS
The Australian Market & Social Research Society Limited (AMSRS) is a not-for-profit professional membership body of over 2,000 market and social research professionals who are dedicated to increasing the standard and understanding of market and social research in Australia. The Society assists members to develop their careers by heightening professional standards and ethics in the fields of market and social research. Learn more about the AMSRS's:
- What the AMSRS does
- Overseas affiliations
- The History of Market Research
The Society works closely with the Association of Market and Social Research Organisations (AMSRO) in Australia to achieve these aims. The Society is affiliated with market research societies internationally and is a member of the Asia Pacific Research Committee (APRC) www.aprc-research.com and the Global Research Business Network (GRBN) www.grbn.org
Statement of Purpose: To promote and develop the market, social and organisational research profession for Australia by providing standards, professional development opportunities, member services and by representing the profession to external stakeholders.
The AMSRS's vision is: To be a growing and engaging association, recognised for our valuable contribution to the research profession.
Please note: you will need to log in, and only members can access the Member Centre.
- To promote high professional and ethical standards
- To continuously enhance the core research skills of members
- To promote the value and benefits of using research professionals
- To broaden the membership of the Society
- To encourage the participation of members in the activities of the Society
- To represent members’ interests to external stakeholders via the Research Industry Council of Australia (RICA)
- To ensure the organisational and governance structure of the Society makes the most effective use of the time and funds
Core Values: Ethics, Quality, Thought Leadership, Relevance, Service Orientation and Accountability.
The Society assists members to develop their careers by heightening professional standards and ethics in the fields of market and social research. Specifically we aim to:
- Persuade business executives to use market and social research
- Encourage marketers to use scientific methods of market and social research
- Provide training and forums to extend knowledge and understanding of market and social research
- Enhance quality of discussion and understanding of market and social research.
The AMSRS is affiliated with market research societies in the United Kingdom, New Zealand, Japan, China, Korea, Singapore, and Thailand. The AMSRS is a member of the Asia Pacific Research Committee (APRC) which is a federation of 8 Asian associations dedicated to promoting value and standard of research in Asia. Countries include Australia, China, Chinese Taipei, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand. For more information visit www.aprc-research.com . The AMSRS is also a member of the Global Research Business Network www.grbn.org
Australia also has strong ties with ESOMAR, the European Society of Opinion and Market Research www.esomar.org